Similar – means that two or more things or people are not identical (exactly the same), but are almost the same
- My sister & I look similar, but she is taller than me.
- Our cars are very similar, but they are not the same model and year.
- I live in a house that is similar to my brother’s house.
- All the houses on the block look similar.
Alike – means that two or more things are identical or almost identical (exactly the same)
- Our cars are exactly alike, we bought the same model.
- My brothers dress alike.
- The girls bought two phones that look alike.
- All the houses on the block look alike.